Why Bowman English?
Learn English with a Cambridge-certified native speaker with 10 years of experience. You can rest assured that your lessons will be tailored according to your level and needs, whether you’re just beginning your language-learning journey, looking to brush up on your conversational English before a big trip, or preparing for a job interview.
With a C1 German certificate under my belt, I am equipped with the tools to help beginners in their native language to make the first stretch of the journey a little less bumpy.
Language learning doesn’t need to be a boring, painful affair. With an empathetic and easygoing teacher, your lessons will be fun as well as educational!
- Business English – for professionals who want to prepare for work presentations, write reports, practice making small talk at conferences and keep up in business meetings.
- Conversation Lessons: for people who want to improve their spoken English without putting too much focus on theory and grammar. We’ll cover a different topic in every lesson.
- General English: learn general English grammar and vocabulary as well as reading, speaking and writing. Available for all levels – A1 (beginner) to C2 (advanced).
- Exam Preparation: for those who want to take a Cambridge or IELTS exam for work or university.
- Book Club: for literature lovers! We’ll pick a book to read and discuss the themes in class.
Kids and Teenagers:
- Under 6: for children whose parents want them to be exposed to the English language through games (including vocabulary-based games and music/singing).
- 6 plus: for children who have started learning English at school and need extra tutoring in reading, writing and speaking.
- Teenagers: high-school students will have extra training in grammar, reading, speaking and listening as well as exam preparation for those who want to take the IELTS or Cambridge for Schools exams.
- Having taught at companies such as Implenia, Sunrise, ZKB, Swica, and Generali over my career, I have helped many people gain confidence in and enthusiasm for stepping into the increasingly English-focused business world.
- I pay special attention to everybody’s individual needs and build a good personal rapport with my students, which keeps them motivated and determined to learn.
- Courses can be taken online, in-house at your company, or in my classroom in Bülach.
- You can expect more value for your money than at larger language schools. Being a one-woman business, I have lower costs and can therefore provide my services at great prices. This also means that you can expect consistency in quality as I will always personally be teaching the lessons myself.
Three – Four Participants:
- Prices are per person, per hour
- Lessons cancelled within 24 hours of agreed time must be paid for
Advantages of Online Lessons
During the lockdown of 2020, many of my students had to shift to online learning. Though skeptical at first, they’ve grown to see the benefits of continuing their English classes over Zoom:
- Convenience and flexibility – studying from the comfort of your own home, with a freshly brewed cup of coffee.
- Increased Focus – the screen-sharing function of Zoom allows the teacher and student/s to view the same document at the same time, making lessons more interactive, fun and collaborative.
- Interaction with classmates – in group classes, students can be sent into separate “breakout rooms” for pair work, without the distraction of other learners’ voices.
Book your first lesson today!